Friday, March 20, 2009

Lucky Leonard



Born March 17, 2009 at 12:15pm
Wieght: 7 lbs 1 ounce
Length: 19 1/2 in.

I will be post a full account of his birth later but for now here's the short version.
I was induced and labored for over 12 hours I dilated to about 4 cm and 60% effaced but Leonard's heart rate kept dropping with each contraction. So, after 2 hours of his heart rate dropping and me making very little progress we decided that we needed to do a C-section. I was pretty tired so just a little bit of Ketomien and I was OUT, I woke up and had a handsome baby boy.

I am doing much better this time around. I am still in a considerable amount of pain but no where near as bad as I was with Evelyn. Leonard is very healthy and has a ravenous appetite, it makes it hard for me to get rest but it is getting better. We are already totally in love with him.
I will post more pictures soon but for now I am going to try to take a nap.

Feel free to stop by and say "Hi".


7 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

YAAAAAY ST. PATRICK'S DAY BABY!! He is sooooo cute! :)

Krysta Martinez said...

OMG!!! Congratulations! When I saw you on Sunday, I KNEW he was going to make an appearance soon. I can't believe you were in labor for 20 hours with that little progress! I was dilated to 10 within like 2 hours. That's too bad you had to have a c-section, but I am glad you are doing well and glad Baby Leonard arrived safely, one way or another. I will give you a call and come see you guys soon. Love, Krysta

michele cabiness said...

We all ended up getting sick the day he was born:( Glad you are home and healthy! We FINALLY closed on our house today! We have been ripping out carpet and cleaning and it looks better than I thought it would.

Dawn said...

Oh, too cute!! I just want to squeeze him. I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well. I can't wait to see more pic's of him.

Jessica Havican said...

He's sooo cute! I'm glad he's here and everyone's healthy and well. I'm totally coming by tomorrow to visit! (sunday)

Ashlea said...

he's a cutie for sure! congrats!

lynburbidge said...

Congratulations!! We hope someday we might actually get to meet your cute kids instead of just looking at pictures of them.