Monday, March 9, 2009

False Alarm

I have been working hard to get this little boy to make his appearance. I have cleaned the entire house, including moving the couches to vacuum under them and mopping. I have gone on several long walks and even eaten some spicy food, Just to name a few things.

Today after cleaning the house again we decided to go on another walk. We were going to walk from the Cabiness home to Braun's Ice cream but by the time we got to the halfway mark, railroad park, it was too cold and getting too dark to go on so we decided to turn around. I was having contractions the whole time but once we got in to the car they were coming pretty strong and 3 mins apart. We went and got some frozen yougert and then headed home. I took a shower and layed down. Two hours later they were still strong and 3 mins apart.

We called our friends the Maderos' and they came over to stay with Evelyn and we headed to the hospital. The contractions were still coming until I got up to triage and then they slowed down. Isn't that how it always happens, you feel sicker than a dog until you get to the doctors office, or the car keeps making a funny sound until the michanic drives it. Well, I was still having contractions they were just supper irragular now. I would have three right on top of eachother then 7 mins of nothing. To make things worse the contractions weren't even doing anything. I was not effaced one bit and I was only 1 1/2 cm dialated, thats one half more than I was at my appointment last wed. Whoppy!! So, they sent me home with the most amazing sleeping pill and I don't remember much after that.

Hopefully, the next time I go to the hospital I will meet our little Leonard but until then I guess I just have to be patient.

2 comments:

Krysta Martinez said...

Yeah, I had a couple false alarms too. My mom kept telling me- you'll KNOW when it's the real thing. The contractions are way different. But I went in to the hospital anyway and sure enough they went away. When it's the real deal you definitely won't be wondering and won't be able to talk though the contractions at 3 min apart. Sounds like you're still pretty full of energy but let me know if you need anything. I know the last couple weeks can be tough! Good luck!

lynburbidge said...

I hope it comes soon! Or that the contractions stop at least. Good luck and congratulations!!