Monday, November 17, 2008

The Big Girl Bed

My dad bought Evelyn a Toddler bed a few weeks ago so that I could start transitioning her before her little brother comes and before potty training starts. I have been gradually getting her to spend some time in her new bed and a few days ago she fell asleep in the car and took the opportunity to have her first nap in the bed. she slept for two hours then simply came out and got me when she woke up.
Evelyn Napping

But, last night I took the real leap and laid her down in her big girl bed still awake. She whimpered for a few minutes but didn't get up and she slept through the night. This morning she woke up about 20 minutes earlier than usual and simply knocked on her door to let us know she was ready to get up. She is currently taking her morning nap in her bed, so I think the transition is going pretty dang good. We will try again tonight but hopefully this is the end of the crib for Evelyn.
She is growing up so fast!


3 comments:

michele cabiness said...

You are having better luck than me. Elsie will stay in her bad but she wakes up at 5 am....and I WILL NOT wake up at 5 am!

AngelaBeth said...

Yay! I love seeing you on Sundays.. and your growing belly. Heh. And yay for sleeping in her toddler bed! That's amazing!

Jessica Havican said...

yeah, she is. She looks so tiny in that Toddler bed. I love that she knocks on the door to let you know she's ready to get up. That's adorable. I miss living with you guys a lot. It will probably be one of my, if not my favorite place, I've lived in my single adult life.