Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An Ittsy-Bitsy Kick

I am now 4 months along. My stomach has "popped" and so has my belly button. I feel pretty good although I am still having some trouble eating. I am starting to finally feel like I am pregnant, especially since last night I felt the baby kick for the first time. Last week David broke out his stethoscope and we found the babies heart beat, which was Supper Cool. Then a few days later he tried to find it again but had no luck. Instead, he heard and felt the baby kick. Sadly, I wasn't paying enough attention so I didn't feel it. So, David was the first to feel the baby, isn't that weird?! So, I have been trying to feel the baby, myself, every night since then and last night as I laid in bed, with the stethoscope to my belly, the kid kicked it three separate times. Each time it did I felt a silly little grin form on my face. It felt like someone flicking me from the inside and I loved it. I am so excited to be moving into this stage of the pregnancy, it is so fun to feel the baby and know that it is still there. I get find out the sex pretty soon and I am excited to put a name to this little miracle. Man, this pregnancy is going by so much faster than Evelyn's did I just hope I can be attentive enough to enjoy all the little Joys of this one like I did with Evelyn.

I forgot to post these earlier, I want to keep track of my doctor's appointments and the progress we are making. So here is what I missed...


Apt # 1
August 14th (9 weeks)
Weight 118
BP 114/68
Babies heart rate 188 BPM
Ultrasound done
Apt #2
September 11th (13 weeks)
Weight 117
BP 112/62
Babies heart rate 160 BPM




1 comment:

Jessica Havican said...

WOW! I can't believe you're already showing! Time flies! I can't wait to experience the joys of motherhood. Your pregnant belly is so cute!