Saturday, April 19, 2008

An Artistic Eye

On Friday we decided it would be fun to let Evelyn make some artwork for her room. So, we went to Michael's and bought some finger paints and a big sheet of white paper. When we got home we stripped her down, threw some paint on the paper and let her go at it. She had a blast. She was slipping and sliding all over the place, making a total mess and loving every minute of it.
As you can see she had no problem jumping in and getting her hands dirty.

she didn't even attempt to eat the paint, which was great because that was the only thing Dave and I were worried about.

I love this bottom right picture. She looks so intent. She knows exactly what she wants this paint to be and she is concentrating had to make it perfect.
She wanted to take a break for a minute.

Back to work. Evelyn didn't actually get any paint on her face but I thought she need some so I attacked her with the red.

Here is the finished masterpiece. Now we are going to frame it and hang it in her room for all to see. i am so proud of my little artist. She did an impressive job.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Mason, Adam and I check your blog every week and we love this one the most!! Evelyn looked like she was having a blast. Shalee, these are the best days of your life. Keep being the wonderful mother that you are. I look back on Mason's early years with fondness and I'm so greateful I spent so much time with him. Keep up the good work.

H+B Jackson said...

I LOVE your artistic Evelyn! I am so proud of you two for taking a risk with the paint. How fun it must have been to watch her! I love it!

H+B Jackson said...

From Nicholas: She has the prettiest eyes!

US... said...

that is the cutest idea ever. I love it. You should put up the pictures of her painting it right next to it. She is so adroable. Great job. :)