Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Backyard Camp out

R.E.I. recently had an 83 cent sell, where anything that ends in .83 is half off and usually those items are already marked down significantly. So, the day before the sale we went to R.E.I. to scout out the deals. We were particularly interested in one that our friend Herb had let us know about, it was a -5 degree sleeping bag. As mentioned in a previous post, David is now the Varsity Scout leader in our ward and consequently he has the honor of accompanying the boys on the annual SNOW camp out. If you know David you know that he is a total wimp when it comes to drastic temperatures, thus the need for a -5 degree sleeping bag. So, we found the bag and it was the only one left. It was marked down from, like, $500 to $199.83 so it was going to bee $100, not something you want to pass up. So, since Dave worked the next day I was given the assignment to be there when the store opens and snag the bag. The next day Evelyn and I headed to the store and we were there 10 mins before the store was supposedly open but to my surprise they had opened early and when I went to the bag section, the desired bag was GONE!!! I called Dave and he was freaking out and I asked two different employees to find the bag for me, but they were not having any luck. Then I saw our friend Mathew Earl and he was mothing the words, "we have it for you." *phew* So, long story short we got the bag and Dave was VERY happy.

He decided that he needed to test the bag out, so he had a little camp out in our back yard. He said the bag worked well but it was a little creepy sleeping out there.



Evelyn had fun the next day when daddy let her play in the tent. Look at that smile, it is so priceless.

No comments: