Monday, January 5, 2009

APT # 6

About 30 Weeks
Weight: 140 lbs (I've gained 22 lbs thus far.)
Blood Pressure: 118/64
Leonard's heart beat: 154 BPM
And I am now measuring right on at 30 weeks.

Oh, and I failed my one hour glucose test by 1 point so I had to take the three hours test during which I threw up (I passed after all) and later that day ended up in the hospital with Kidney pain. I stayed the night so they could pump me full of pain killers and I could get some sleep. Then the vein that had my IV in it "infiltrated" in other words, all the narcotics that were supposed to go into my vein ended up in the surrounding tissue of my arm. I got a rash and my arm was swollen and sore for a few days, but I still got to go home before my 24 hour hold was up which was after the moister robbing sausage muffin and the stale grilled cheese (yum! hospital food, got love it!).
What did I learn from this experience?
1. Demerol makes me really loopy
2. If the medicine burns going into your arm make them change the IV right away instead of waiting for it to burn even more the next time.
3. Don't take the three hour test if your only off by one stinkin' point.

1 comment:

Krysta Martinez said...

O-M-G! I would be SO MAD! I can't believe all that happened to you! I'm glad you're ok now.