Sunday, August 29, 2010

Leonard Turns 1!

We didn't actually get to have a Birthday Party for Leonard on the 17th in fact he didn't get his party until April 2nd. On the 17th, Leonard's actual birthday, we were in the ER because he was having some major trouble breathing. You wouldn't have know by the way he was running up and down the hall way in the hospital but he really had me worried. So, we had to wait until he was feeling better before we celebrated.

We ended up just having a small party and I made a pretty awesome backhoe cake. Leonard didn't really care what it looked like but I am pretty sure he liked how it tasted.







Leonard Has so much personality, most days I can't take my eyes off of him because I want to see all of his goofy expressions. He loves to run around and could spend all day doing it as long as you keep him well supplied with food. He laughs at everything and almost always is smiling. He loves to do what ever Evelyn is doing, and although it does bug her sometimes, Evelyn is a pretty good spot about it. Leonard also loves anything electronic. We have already lost two DVD remotes and we suspect they were lost to the garbage. He is also a very good climber. I can't believe some of the places I have found him. His favorite place is atop the kitchen table. He hasn't really started talking yet but he is very intelligent and understands instructions very well. He is growing up so fast, in-fact he already weighs the same as his big sister and I am sure he is going to surpass her any day. Which might be a problem since he is all boy and likes to tackle an wrestle Evelyn any chance that he gets.

We are totally in Love with this boy and I we are excited to see how he grows in the years to come.

No comments: