Tuesday, November 24, 2009

8 months (Leonard)

Leonard is now 8 months old, I am still in denial that he is growing up so fast.
Leonard is a pro at crawling but he prefers to walk every chance that he gets. So, If there is a wall or a piece of furniture or even a person that he can use to climb up and balance himself he will use it. I am constantly finding him clinging to a wall happily walking down the hallway. I am also constantly finding my dinning room chairs in random places because Leonard likes to use them as walking toys. Leonard has been crawling and standing u p since 5 months and "cruising" since 7 months but he just recently learned how to sit himself up. I think it took him awhile to learn this particular skill because he doesn't like to sit still, he is always on the go. That being said, Leonard seems to acquire more bumps and bruise than I ever thought possible for an 8 month old child.
Leonard also loves music and to dance. The other day I put on some Black-eyed Peas and Leonard immediately lit up with a big smile and started rocking back and forth on his feet and bouncing up and down. It was the cutest thing and then I went to check on Evelyn, who was on the potty and she was dancing too, right there on the potty. It was hilarious.
Leonard is such a happy child. He is constantly smiling and he laughs all the time. He loves to be with Evelyn and Evelyn love him . I Love watching them together, you can see in the eyes how much they love each other and Evelyn will randomly say, " I Love Leonard." and she often will hug and kiss him out of the blue.
I am so glad that Leonard is a part of our family and I am glad that I am so grateful that I get to spend so much time with him and Evelyn. They may be tiring at times but they are also the highlight of my day.

No comments: